App And Online Set Up Instructions For MedWell Pill Box
Step 1: Create Online Account
(if you already have a MyHealthConncted account, skip this step)
Step 2: Add MedWell Pill Box
Add MedWell Device to your online account
- Go to www.myhealthconnected.net and log in to your account.
- Complete your Profile (first time login only)
- Hover over “Dashboard” and from the dropdown menu select “My Apps / Devices”
- On the screen titled “My Connected Apps” click on “Add / Edit devices”.
- In the “Device Type” drop down menu, select “MedWell”.
- In the serial number field enter the serial number listed on the back of your pill box (if a character looks like a “0” it is always the number 0 not a letter O).
- Click on the “Add New Device” button (click this button 2 times). Your device is now listed in the above table. Click on “Close”.
Step 3: Set Up Med Well Pill Box
Add your Medications:
- Click on “Dashboard” which refreshes your screen.
- Hover over “Dashboard” and from the dropdown menu select “Medication Compliance” - “My Medications”.
- Click on “Add New Medication” (scroll to bottom of page).
- Medication Name: Enter name of your medication.
- Quantity: Enter how many pills you are taking at a time (for this specific medication only).
- Frequency Taken: How many times a day you take this medication.
- Click on “Save New Medication”.
- Repeat these steps to add more medications.
Sort Medications and add a schedule:
- Once you are done adding all your medications, click on the “Sorting Medications” button.
- Numbers 1 - 4 correspond to the compartment numbers imprinted on the MedWell pill box.
- Click on number 1. Select a time when you want MedWell to beep and checkmark all medications in Compartment 1. Click on “Save Selections”.
- Repeat this step for the compartments 2, 3 and 4. If you have no medications in a specific compartment, leave it empty and it will not schedule an alarm.
- When you are done, click on the “Save Medication Sorting” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Your online set up is now complete. Click on “Log Out”.
Step 4: Install App on a Mobile Device
Installation on Android Devices:
- Insert batteries into the MedWell Pill Box. The device will start flashing and beeping.
- Turn ON Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Install the Zewa - MedWell App (search for MedWell in Google Play store)
- Open the App and follow app instructions. (The app should do everything automatically, please wait about 1 minute for the pairing process to finish. Once you see your medication schedule, the app set up is complete.)
- Your set up is now complete.
Installation on iOS Devices:
Step 5: Fill Medications into Pill Box
There are 3 ways to fill your medications into the pill box.
- Fill medications directly into the pill box.
- Open all 4 compartments at the same time- Sort your medications directly into each compartment.
- Close all 4 compartments.
- Sort medications into blister cards. Lay the blister card flat on a table and sort your medications into each of the 28 compartments. The layout of the card is 7 x 4 compartments corresponding to 7 days of the week and up to 4 doses per day.
- Once all the medication is sorted for the 7 days, use the enclosed label to close the blister cards.
Remove a small strip of the “sticker backing” behind the 2 holes on the top of the label.
Place the label on top of the tray aligning the 2 holes on top of the label with the “alignment nubs” located on the tray. This will align the label.
Remove the remaining sticker backing and place the entire sheet on top of the tray. Use your hand to push around all the tray corners to make sure the tray is sealed. Note: When removing the sticker from the back of the label, the sticker cut outs from the compartments will remain in place, do NOT remove those cut outs.
- Your medication sorting is now complete.
- Each day remove the last row of the blisters and place them into the pill box each day.
· Use pre-filled blister packs.
· If you have received your medications already sorted into the blister packs, take off last row on blister card and insert it into the pill box each day.